Despite the urgent need to act to mitigate climate change, the deployment of new energy technologies is often viewed with suspicion by civil society organizations, even when they correspond to “energy transition” requirements. They may even oppose certain technological choices when these are imposed on them. Citizens want their ideas and opinions to be heard and want to be involved in decision-making and project governance processes, and this as of the design phase.
Actys offers assistance to public and private project proponents to meet the expectations of civil society through a consultation and engagement plan tailored to the specific challenges of the different projects. The approach advocated by our experts is to situate the project in its natural and human environment and then to work with all the parties involved to come to an agreement on acceptable conditions for its implementation. Actys provides support in:
- The identification and characterisation of the different stakeholders affected by the project or with the ability to impact the project.
- The development of communication materials about the project and the technologies involved, their advantages but also their drawbacks.
- The organization of consultation and consensus workshops, during which both the technologies involved and their implementation conditions are presented and discussed.
- The establishment of project information, monitoring and governance committees.
These new practices foster the emergence of consensual positions, allowing projects to be implemented in conditions that are acceptable to the majority.
- Characterization of the societal context and definition of the stakeholder engagement strategy for a steel plant’s environmental project (CO2 Capture and Storage).
>> Direct access to the report.
- Development of a CSR performance measurement strategy for a large international group.
- Evaluation, development and improvement of the ESG performance reporting of an oil & gas engineering company.
- Study of the social and environmental impacts of the production of unconventional oil & gas resources.
- Internal R&D on stakeholder engagement strategies.